Senior UI/UX Designer
Spark Eighteen is looking for a Senior UI/UX designer who will be responsible for conducting user research, creating wireframes and designs, and ultimately aligning user behavior to actions that drive results. The UI/UX Designer will be working alongside other designers, engineers, developers, and marketeers collaborating and iterating on the user experience of our services.
As a core function the UIUX designer will be driving and leading UI/UX practices and visual design from inception to production for efficient and high-fidelity product designs.. The designer will be responsible for combining aesthetic interfaces and workflows to enhance the product user experience.
The role demands a good understanding of user behavior and should understand how to align business/marketing goals with technology. The ideal candidate will have experience working in agile teams, designers and developers. The designer will also be expected to design the overall functionality of the product, and in order to ensure a great user experience, iterate upon it in accordance with user-testing.
- Be a great team player, experienced in working with agile teams. Ability to collaborate closely with developers, copywriters and QA testers.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with the creative team and the developers.
- Facilitate the client’s product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Create, improve and use wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows, and effectively communicate your interaction ideas.
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups, visual designs and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Present and defend your design decisions. All your design decisions should be based on the overall design roadmap as well as your own design thinking and fundamental principles (i.e. color theory, visual weight, etc.)
- Continually keep yourself and your design team updated with the latest changes in your industry’s standards.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Conduct client meetings and ensure timely deliveries.
Qualifications & Skillset:
- Four or more years of experience and proven track record
- Proficient in using different design tools like Figma, Sketch App, Invision, Zeplin, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, etc.
- Complete knowledge of wireframing and prototyping tools (e.g. Figma, Invision/equivalent)
- Great aesthetics and visual design sensibilities
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- Understanding of HTML5/CSS3, JQuery, Ajax, Responsive design and be able to identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Good knowledge of frontend design guidelines and best practices.
- Able to function independently and in a team environment with excellent collaboration skills.
- Experience in web-design, mobile app design (both), and product application design is a must.
- Understanding of user experience best practices, interactive design, information architecture, and user testing.
- Experience with consumer facing websites and an eye for detail.
- Can comfortably work on multiple projects, simultaneously.
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development process.
Soft Skills Required:
- Good command of English and working knowledge of MS office is a must.
- Working with teams/individually and taking ownership of deliverables.
- Should be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Punctual – can make time-bound deliveries without hampering quality.