The rapid growth of coronavirus (COVID-19) has caused a global lockdown. Since this situation, we’re seeing a lot of changes in the business models. Companies have started working on digital transformation during coronavirus. Although most companies already had their digital transformation in place, many have just started working on it.
The impact that this outbreak is having on our lives is dreadful. Kids can’t go to school, people cannot go to work, cannot visit their friends, cannot go to their favorite restaurants, or for the movies. We’re all confined to our homes. All we can do right now is to take the necessary precautions and spread awareness.
However, if you’re a brand or a business owner, this is the perfect time for you to take steps to stand out. For that, your business needs digital transformation during coronavirus outbreak.
What is Digital Transformation?
Digital transformation is a process to modify or create a new business process/culture through digital technologies. Some companies tend to start the process at the initial stages while others try to slowly and steadily incorporate this practice. Either way, it has proven to be beneficial.
In this article, we’ll guide you on how going digital can help your business during a crisis like this.
Let’s get started by first looking at:
Why Going Digital Is Important For Your Business?
At this point, it’s not even a question.
The pandemic has forced many companies to digitally transform themselves faster than ever. We’re already familiar with virtual meetings being a norm today!
- As working from home is becoming a significant practice, web conferencing tools and emailing are largely in use.
- Employees are sharing data and information through their mobile devices, tablets, and desktops.
- Keeping in mind that not all employees have a personal computer at their home, companies have started providing one.
- Companies are using chatbots and artificial intelligence for better customer support experience.
Digital transformation during coronavirus is helping businesses to resourcefully and efficiently move further with the work. It is not only helping in getting the work done on time but also in smooth communication within teammates.
Leveraging more and more technology can be expensive but it is the only effective solution during this time and could become a norm post-COVID-19.
The Importance Of Digital Platforms
Social media has numerous benefits for businesses. Especially when the whole globe is locked-down. So if your business is still not online, we don’t know what you’re betting on!
People are consuming digital content on a radically increasing rate every day! Platforms like Twitter and TikTok have been seeing tremendous growth in active users daily. This is the perfect time for your business to boost up your social media engagement.
Here we’ll give you tips on how you can do that:
- Stay Updated With The News
News is changing rapidly. There is almost a new story coming every hour. It’s important to stay updated on what’s trending right now related to your industry.
We’d also recommend you pause all your scheduled social media posts. You never know what post lands at the wrong time. Also with people working from home nowadays, there is no particular time for your audience to go online. Work hours are flexible and people are more reliable to go online at any given point of the day.
- Conversation Over Conversions
Prioritize conversations. Although it is important to be a little salesy at these times, don’t make this your only goal. Indulge in conversations through social media comments or direct messages. You can also be part of communities and groups. Make groups on platforms like Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, etc.
- Make content that initiates conversation – Ask easy and generalized questions that you can integrate into your content. Questions like:
- What do you think?
- Do you agree with us?
- Do you have any other points to add to?
- Make your audience ask you questions – Your social media should be a fun place. So it’s important that when you create content you need to keep your audience in mind. Collect data on your audience’s interest, behavior, and demographics. See why they are on your social media. Are your followers here to kill time, be entertained, or to learn a little? If you have answers to this question it will be easier for you to make interacting content on social media.
- Ask Your Community To Help
With social distancing being the norm right now, we have a lot of time in our hands. Collaborate with influencers, employees or even your long-time customers to create relevant content.
With collaborations like these, you can create educational content that generates curiosity and adds some value to your audience as well. You can generate content that creates awareness among your audiences, If you’re having trouble finding influencers relevant to your industry, you can reach out to Facebook groups or Reddit boards.
These are just some of the ways you can leverage social media during this time. Make sure just for the sake of curating content for social media you don’t make any missteps and ruin your image online.
The Impact Of Digital Transformation during Coronavirus
According to DMEXCO Trend Survey, COVID-19 has posed acute economic challenges to digital companies. Over 60% of the decision-makers within these companies reported that the crisis had a negative impact on them.
In this situation when most of the companies are practicing work from home, digitalization has become important. After all, communication is an essential part when working remotely. Tools such as Slack, ZoomCalls, MicrosoftTeams, etc will play an increasingly important role in the day-to-day working schedules of these companies.
As Digital Transformation becomes necessary, new practices will be adopted by companies in the long-run:
- Work from home will not be seen as unproductive.
- Video conferencing will become a more frequent practice.
- More preference will be given to social media platforms.
- Companies will work on building their communities.
As Plato rightly said, “Necessity is the mother of inventions”. One of the most impactful effects coronavirus has had is on businesses. Companies have been forced to take important steps towards the digital transformation during coronavirus. Businesses that have already digitally transformed themselves are smoothly going forward with their work while the companies that have just realized the importance are figuring out how to cope up with it.
Just to be sure, work on your marketing and strategies. Make sure you give your customers your valuable attention. Make your business flourish during these challenging times. Just remember, this is the perfect time to connect with your customers.
Latest posts by Spark Eighteen (see all)
- How to Create an Instagram Aesthetic for Your Brand - May 21, 2020
- Is COVID-19 Amplifying Digital Transformation? Here’s Everything You Need To Know - May 11, 2020
- Mistakes Your Brand Should Avoid In 2020 - May 4, 2020