Come to think of website traffic, it’s all about the law of numbers.
A budding entrepreneur or an established one would always want to build a website that attracts visitors like a magnet.
Increasing the traffic on your website helps in:
- Figuring out if your marketing plans are working
- Getting to know about your audience behavior
- Improving your SEO and presence on Google
- Generating more leads, thus increasing sales
How to Get More Website Visitors
In order to rise above that noise, you’ll need to understand some basic principles. It is not just about implementing a strategy to hack your way to the top of Google’s search engine rankings.
It is about using the tried and tested methods that yesteryear marketers use to drive traffic over time.
1. Social Media Marketing + Cross Promotion
The social media landscape has been ever evolving. Over 100,000 active Facebook messenger bots will offer a whole new platform for marketers to connect with audiences. And everything counts!
- Promote your content and brand’s offerings with a strong call-to-action on all the social media platforms.
- Leverage social media paid content and ads to boost link clicks.
- Post brand content on all your platforms and engage in cross-promotion by sharing them with other groups targeting the same audience as yours.
- Put ads on the medium that gets you maximum engagement, leads, and conversion keeping in mind the ROI.
- Channelize good ORM by – replying back to the comments/ messages, the feedback you receive, sending DM’s about your website link
- Use URL shorteners like owly and bitly to get the most out of your links (fewer characters + easy tracking of your link clicks coming from several platforms)
- Schedule your posts for regular posting on several platforms and create a brand identity by pulling people to your website. Several tools like Hootsuite, Tweetdeck, etc could help you in scheduling posts and in keeping a track of all your activities.
- Host interesting and effortless contests so that people participate in them which eventually leads them to your website. Do not forget to boost your contest posts to gain more website clicks!
2. Leverage Landing Pages
A landing page is a standalone web page created for a specific marketing or advertising campaign. Landing pages are a great way of driving traffic to your website which further leads to an increase in conversion rates.
Make sure you provide your users with content that is both engaging and informative so that they don’t leave the site halfway through. Your landing pages should provide them with information that they would want to know and makes them stay.
3. Email Marketing
Email Marketing can be a powerful approach to getting more website traffic.
You can send out regular mailers or newsletters to your target audience about the company updates or various promotional offers and discounts with links to relevant pages on your site. It is important to make sure that your mail has useful and engaging information that entices the users to click on the website link.
Be sure to give due consideration to all the factors affecting the open rate ratio of the mailers. You can focus on making the mailer SUBJECT LINE more catchy and attractive to start off with. Also, don’t bombard your customers with constant mailers which will eventually force them to unsubscribe.
4. Good SEO
Targeted keywords and Google play a vital role in getting you on top of search engine rankings.
Thus, one of the most important steps to get traffic on your website is through Search Engine Optimization. Producing high-quality content that your audience is searching for and writing concise meta descriptions for your pages are a few ways you can befriend SEO for website traffic.
In case you’re just starting out, refer to this ideal SEO checklist: bit.ly/SEO-Checklist-For-Beginners
One of the best ways to boost up your business is by posting blogs that talk about your brand and services which can help you drive more people to the main website.
Including relevant keywords and backlinking the blogs to your website can further boost the engagement rate.
Basic rules for writing a blog would include:
- Catchy headlines that attract and prompt readers to click on your blogs
- Good content that helps in informing, educating, and entertaining people with attractive visuals, fewer jargons, and easy language.
Further, sharing these blogs on all your social media platforms by creating multiple posts out of a single blog can help you get more clicks, thus driving more people to your website.
6. Performance Analysis
Analysing your digital performance via tools like Keyhole, Hootsuite, etc could help you build a report based on what content is getting you traffic and what content is working for you.
This could further help you work on your digital strategy and generate relevant leads for your website.
7. Influencer Marketing
Did you know a food company was able to grow website traffic 204% and increase online sales 14x in just four months with the help of influencer marketing?
So, look at leveraging micro and macro influencers that can give your brand a shout out and introduce you to their audience. Further, get your brand content posted on platforms with a larger chunk of the audience to get more followers.
It is said that Instagram is the most important network for influencer marketing followed by Facebook at 77%.
[Read More about Influencer Marketing: bit.ly/InfluencerMarketing_SP18]
Lastly, stay active and keep a real-time check on what your competitors are doing! Always remember, it’s never too late to revise your strategy if something isn’t working. Just go ahead and change it!
Need a foolproof plan on how to drive your target audience to your website? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or get in touch here.
Latest posts by Spark Eighteen (see all)
- 5 essential and effective tools to hack growth for your business - March 3, 2021
- How does digital branding impact your business in today’s age? - March 1, 2021
- Here’s how you can build the next Uber-like App! - February 9, 2021